Conference shares recommendations regarding the coronavirus
In an effort to be cautious but not overanxious regarding the spread of the coronavirus, Ohio Conference offers the following recommendations for our congregations to follow at the present time:
- Limit the practices that could spread germs, such as the shaking of hands and hugs.
- Make hand sanitizer and/or wipes readily available, and encourage their use.
- Communion and other activities should be adapted (perhaps even postponed or cancelled) to ensure health and safety.
- Encourage those who are sick to stay home.
- Encourage those who might be considered high risk (the elderly and those with underlying health conditions) to consider staying home.
- Follow the recommendations that are being recommended by the authorities in your particular area.
- Review the Mennonite Church USA statement titled Mennonite Church USA shares resources for managing coronavirus.