In an effort to be cautious but not overanxious regarding the spread of the coronavirus, Ohio Conference offers the following recommendations for our congregations to follow at the present time:
- Limit the practices that could spread germs, such as the shaking of hands and hugs.
- Make hand sanitizer and/or wipes readily available, and encourage their use.
- Communion and other activities should be adapted (perhaps even postponed or cancelled) to ensure health and safety.
- Encourage those who are sick to stay home.
- Encourage those who might be considered high risk (the elderly and those with underlying health conditions) to consider staying home.
- Follow the recommendations that are being recommended by the authorities in your particular area.
- Review the Mennonite Church USA statement titled Mennonite Church USA shares resources for managing coronavirus.