ARVE Error: The video is likely no longer available. (The API endpoint returned a 404 error)
The Human Trafficking Resource Team was formed to raise awareness and provide resources for addressing the issue of human trafficking. Currently, the team consists of four members:
- Jim Burkett
- Lori Miller
- Marilyn Rossiter
- Joel Shenk
To learning more about human trafficking, contact Lori via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
State of Ohio Awareness Campaign
The state of Ohio has launched a public awareness campaign to increase awareness about human trafficking in the state. For more info visit the Human Trafficking Task Force website.
Collaborative Initiative to End Human Trafficking
A brochure with a list of media resources about human trafficking
Denominational Resources (Mennonite Church USA)
- Stop slavery start here quiz (pdf) — Test your knowledge about human trafficking (answers provided on page 2)
- The path of slavery (pdf) — A graphic representation of how a cell phone is made using conflict minerals
- Praxis Cell Phone Campaign (pdf )— This recent campaign by Everence gives information about the use of conflict minerals in cell phone production
- Human Trafficking Bible Study (pdf) — This resource is produced by Mennonite Women and can be used as a bulletin insert
- Modern Slavery Phone Number (pdf) — Use this resource to print out cards with the phone number of the National Human Trafficking Resource Center Hotline.
- Polaris Project — www.polarisproject.org — Polaris Project’s vision is for a world without slavery. Named after the North Star that guided slaves towards freedom along the Underground Railroad, Polaris Project has been providing a comprehensive approach to combating human trafficking and modern-day slavery since 2002.
- Free The Slaves — www.freetheslaves.net — Free the Slaves liberates slaves around the world, helps them rebuild their lives and researches real-world solutions to eradicate slavery forever.
- Not For Sale — www.notforsalecampaign.org — The Not For Sale Campaign equips and mobilizes Smart Activists to deploy innovative solutions to re-abolish slavery in their own backyards and across the globe. Together, we can end slavery in our lifetime.
- Love 146 — www.love146.org — VISION – The abolition of child sex slavery and exploitation. Nothing less. MISSION – Abolition and Restoration! We combat child sex slavery and exploitation with the unexpected and restore survivors with excellence. WHY, WHAT & WHO – Love146 works toward the abolition of child sex slavery and exploitation through prevention and aftercare solutions, and contributing to a growing abolition movement.
- HumanTrafficking.org — www.humantrafficking.org — The purpose of this Web site is to bring Government and NGOs in the East Asia and Pacific together to cooperate and learn from each other’s experiences in their efforts to combat human trafficking. This Web site has country-specific information such as national laws and action plans and contact information on useful governmental agencies. It also has a description of NGO activities in different countries and their contact information.
- International Justice Mission — www.ijm.org — International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression.”
- Free2Work — free2work.org — Free2work.org is a joint project between the Not For Sale Campaign and International Labor Rights Forum. On the Web site consumers can easily search specific products, learn more about various labor standards and corporate practices, and further their engagement through their consumption decisions.
- Not For Sale — David Batstone
- The Good News About Injustice — Gary Haugen
- Disposable People — Kevin Bales
- The Slave Next Door — Kevin Bales
- A Crime So Monstrous — Benjamin Skinner
- The Sacred Bath — Theresa Flores
If you are interested in joining the Human Trafficking Resource Team, please contact Coordinator of Volunteers Alysa Short at email@example.com.