Anabaptist Disabilities Network (ADN) and planners for Orlando 2017 are collaborating to provide increased accessibility for persons with disabilities attending next summer’s biennial Mennonite Convention, July 4-8 in Orlando, Florida.
ADN will serve as the information center and point of access for accessibility services to assist the new convention accessibility coordinator and volunteers. Various accessibility services are planned:
- Printed maps showing accessible restrooms and elevators
- Transportation coordination between hotels and the convention center
- Sign language interpretation to be provided as needed
- Visual description and reporting for the vision impaired
- Large-print materials for workshops and seminars
Anabaptist Disabilities Network is currently seeking interested people to help at Orlando 2017 in July, and to serve on a planning committee with the convention accessibility coordinator to get ready for next summer’s MC USA Convention. If you are interested in volunteering, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-214-9838 for more information.