By Lois Bontrager
Now available from MennoMedia: Overplayed: A Parent’s Guide to Sanity in the World of Youth Sports by David King And Margot Starbuck.
This book equips parents with concrete tips such as the following:
- Encouraging kids to play a different sport for a season
- Grabbing coffee with a friend during soccer practice (instead of staying to watch practice)
- Encouraging children to care for other players
- Befriending another parent on the sidelines
- Challenges common myths about youth sports
- Offers wisdom for families on decisions such as choosing leagues and how many seasons to play during the year
- Bonus tips and relevant resources for parents, coaches and pastors
- Free downloadable discussion guide
To order, go to www.mennomedia.org.
If you have questions about what resources are available from Mennonite agencies, contact Ohio Conference Resource Advocate Lois Bontrager at firstname.lastname@example.org.