Is your congregation looking for ways to fund a ministry that impacts your community? Consider applying for a grant from the Ohio Conference.
For the sixth year in a row, the Ohio Conference Ministry Development Team (MDT) is accepting grant proposals from Ohio Conference congregations and related organizations for projects and mission initiatives. This year the MDT has $24,992 available for grants.
In light of the current Gathered and Sent initiative within the Ohio Conference, the Ministry Development Team will give preference to proposals that are particularly mission-oriented. Priority also will be given to projects that are new initiatives or projects that could not be carried out without the grant funding.
The MDT will use the following criteria in reviewing the applications:
Does this proposal fit with the Conference priorities of worship, faith and witness?
- Our passionate worship flows from our confession of God as Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer.
- We have a vibrant faith in God as Lord of all, who is at work reconciling the world.
- Through our bold witness others will accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and will build peace with all humankind.
Does this project respond to the priorities identified by Ministry Development Team?
- Start-up ministries/ new initiatives
- Community outreach
- Revitalization of a congregation
- Church planting
- Implementing the Purposeful Plan
- Focus on children or youth ministry
- Resources for marriages and/or parenting
- Missional coaching
Is this proposal a collaborative effort among Ohio Conference congregations and/or related organizations?
Please note that this is a one-time grant. Grant monies are not intended to be used for staffing.
Grant proposals are due by Aug. 9, 2017. See the Ministry Grants page for more information and an online application. If you prefer, you may download a grant form and mail it to the Ohio Conference office.
The Ministry Development Team will consider all grant proposals at its Aug. 23 meeting.