Ervin Stutzman, executive director of Mennonite Church USA, will hold two meetings in Ohio during June for delegates to KC 2015, the denominational assembly in Kansas City. Delegates and all others who are interested are invited to attend.
The meetings will take place Wednesday, June 3, at Salem Mennonite Church in Elida, and Thursday, June 4, at the Kidron Mennonite Church Fellowship Hall. Both meetings will begin at 7 p.m. and last about 90 minutes. During the meetings, Ervin Stutzman plans to cover the following agenda:
- Briefly share the vision for the future of Mennonite Church USA, focusing on Jesus as the center of our faith, community as the center of our lives, and reconciliation as the center of our work
- Provide a guide that outlines the delegates’ overall responsibilities at the assembly
- Explain how the results from the online delegate survey shaped the Executive Board’s decisions about the agenda
- Distribute an agenda for the delegate sessions, and explain the specific decisions which delegates will be invited to make
- Provide handouts which delegates can use in congregational study groups
- Engage in a time of feedback and discussion